Monday, June 16, 2008

Flavored Fudge


On a whim I checked the list of national food holidays, and found out that today is National Fudge Day. Well, I gotta celebrate that one! So I broke out a couple bags of baking morsels and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Yum!


Basic Fudge
16 oz. (3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Melt together chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over low heat, or on the top of a double boiler. When chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Spread in a greased 8-inch baking dish and chill for 2 hours. Cut into squares.

Flavored Fudge
8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
8 oz. flavored baking morsels (peanut butter, mint, butterscotch, etc. Today I chose to use cherry-flavored)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla.

Same directions as the basic.

I actually lined my pan with plastic wrap. Then all I had to do to get the fudge out was invert the pan and remove the wrap. It worked really well, and made for some fun designs on the bottom (which ended up being the top) of the fudge.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Can I come to your house? (big puppy dog eyes)

You are always making the yummiest stuff! I think it's awesome how you are celebrating every day with something special. What a neat sister I have! (you make me feel a little bad actually, but that's because we have been existing on chicken nuggets and pizza and popcorn the last few days.) :-)